INTERNAL USE OF MOTHER TINCTURES
- It is the heart and arteries especially that at once respond to the influence of Cactus, producing very characteristic CONSTRICTIONS as of an iron band.
- Fear of death. Screams with pain
- Oppressed breathing as from a weight on chest. CONSTRICTION IN CHEST, AS IF BOUND, HINDERING RESPIRATION.
Inflammation of diaphragm. HEAR-CONSTRICTION,
AS FROM AN IRON BAND. Angina
pectoris. Palpitation; pain shooting
down left arm. Haemoptysis, with convulsive,
spasmodic cough. Diaphragmitis, with
great difficulty of breathing.
- Acts on muscle of heart, and IS A HEART TONIC.
- IRREGULARITY OF HEART. High arterial tension. Chronic heart disease, with extreme weakness. Very feeble and irregular heart action.
- ARTERIOSCLEROSIS. SAID TO HAVE A SOLVENT POWER UPON CRUSTACEOUS AND CALCAREOUS DEPOSITS IN ARTERIES.
- CARDIAC DROPSY. Fatty degeneration. Aortic disease. EXTREME DYSPNOEA ON LEAST
EXERTION, without much increase of pulse.
Pain in region of heart and UNDER LEFT CLAVICLE. Heart muscles seem flabby, worn out. HEART
DILATED; FIRST SOUND WEAK. Pulse
accelerated, IRREGULAR, FEEBLE, INTERMITTENT.
Valvular murmurs, angina pectoris.
Cutaneous chilliness, blueness of fingers and toes; all aggravated by
exertion or excitement. Sustains heart
in infectious diseases.
- Irregular with weak rapid beats followed by strong, heart beats. Suffocative attacks, syncope; anaemia and dropsy.
- RINGING in ears. DEBILITY. anaemia.
- C.C.C Ø mixture of all the above
Convallaria majalis (lily of the valley)
- It is useful for heart affections. Dilatation of heart without compensatory hypertrophy; when venous stasis is marked. Increases heart's action, renders it more regular. Soreness of uterine region, with palpitation of heart. Sensation as if heart ceased beating, then starting very suddenly. Movement in abdomen as from a fist of a child. Dyspnoea; dropsy; anuric tendency. Tobacco heart.
Lycopus (bugle weed)
- A HEART REMEDY; lowers the blood pressure, reduces the rate of heart and increases the length of systole. Heart with many side symptoms, or associated with RAPID TUMULTUOUS HEART BEATS.
- Action tumultuous, violent; excessively rapid, stormy. Laboured heart at night. Palpitation and cardiac distress worse when thinking of it. Oppression at heart; pains, sore, aching, constricted. Pulse;
large, full, soft, slow, weak, irregular, intermittent; does not synchronise
Strophanthus (Kombe seed) diuretic action
- is a muscle poison; it increases the contractile power of all striped muscles. Acts on the heart, INCREASING THE SYSTOLE AND DIMINISHES THE RAPIDITY. May be used with advantage to tone the heart, and run off dropsical accumulations. In small doses for weak heart; it feels enlarged. In mitral regurgitation, where oedema and dropsy have supervened.
- Pulse quickened. Heart's action weak, rapid, irregular, due to muscular DEBILITY; and INSUFFICIENCY. Cardiac pain.
Viscum Album (mistletoe)
- Lowered blood pressure. Dilated blood vessels but does not act on the centers in the medulla. Pulse is slow due to central irritation of the vagus.
- Hypertrophy with valvular insufficiency; pulse small and weak; unable to rest in a reclining positions. Palpitation during coitus. Low tension. Failing compensation, dyspnoea worse lying on left side. Weight and oppression of heart; as if a hand were squeezing it; ticking sensation about heart.
Spartium Scoparium (Broom)
- Heart tonic, increases its strength but slows it down and reduces blood pressure and heart rate (large doses). Angina – irregular action, stimulates vagus nerve which lowers B.P. Heart problems with dropsy – helps the kidney eliminate excess water c/f strophanthus
- A prominent liver remedy, covering many of the direct reflex symptoms of diseased conditions of that organ. The jaundiced skin, and especially the CONSTANT PAIN UNDER INFERIOR ANGLE OF RIGHT SCAPULA, are certain indications. Paralytic drawing and lameness in single parts. The great general lethargy and indisposition to make any effort is also marked.
- Jaundice due to hepatic and gall-bladder obstruction. Gall-colic. Distention. Fermentation and sluggish bowels.
- Constriction across, as by a string.
- Liver enlarged. Gallstones.
- Profuse, foaming, yellow urine, like beer. clay-colored, stools. Alternate diarrhoea & constipation
- The action of this drug is centered in the liver, and portal system, causing soreness, pain, jaundice. Has specific relation to the vascular system. Abuse of alcoholic beverages,
- Pain in region of liver. Left lobe very sensitive. Fullness and soreness, with moist skin. Constipation; stools hard, difficult, knotty; alternates with diarrhoea. Stools bright yellow. Swelling of gall bladder with
painful tenderness. Hyperaemia of liver,
with jaundice. Cirrhosis, with dropsy.
Chionanthus (fringe tree)
- headaches, neurasthenic, PERIODICAL SICK, menstrual and bilious. Taken for several weeks, drop doses, will often break up the sick headache habit.
- Enlarged spleen. [Ceanoth.] Jaundice, with arrest of menses. A prominent liver remedy. GALLSTONES
- Sore: ENLARGED, WITH JAUNDICE and constipation. Clay-colored stool, also soft, yellow and pasty. Tongue heavily
- coated. No appetite. Bilious colic. Hepatic region tender. Pain in umbilicus as if a string was drawn around intestine.
- Liver enlarged and indurated. Sharp stitches in left side. Sensation of bubbles bursting in bowels. Affecting liver, it is a bilious remedy. Feeling of sickness and exhaustion; inclined to sit or lie down. Stitching pains. Jaundice, gall stones, enlarged indurated liver. Mapped tongue with red & white patches.
- Restless and wakeful, resulting from exhaustion. Especially in the feeble, infants and the aged. Insomnia of infants and the aged, and the mentally worried, and overworked, with tendency to convulsions.
- An efficient anti-spasmodic. Whooping-cough. Morphine habit. Delirium tremens. Convulsions in children; neuralgia. Has a quieting effect on the nervous system. Insomnia, produces normal sleep.
- Large doses of mother tincture are required — thirty to sixty drops, repeated several times.
- Avena Sativa (common oat) improves the nutrition of brain and nervous system. It is useful therefore in nervous exhaustion, sexual debility; debility after exhausting diseases. Nervous tremors of the aged, paralysis agitans, chorea and epilepsy. Inability to keep the mind fixed on any one subject especially when due to masturbation. Bad effects of Morphine habit. Insomnia. Alcoholism.
- Dose. Tincture l0 to 30 drops should be given in hot water.
- Hysteria, over-sensitiveness, nervous affections, when apparently well-chosen remedies fail. Hysterical spasms and affections generally. HYSTERICAL FLATULENCY.
- Scuttelaria (skullcap) – nervousness with fear, twitching, good for restless sleep especially with nightmares
- Alfalfa favorably influences nutrition, evidenced in "toning up" the appetite and digestion resulting in greatly improved mental and physical vigor, with gain in weight. Disorders characterized by malnutrition are mainly within its therapeutic range, for example, neurasthenia, splanchnic blues, nervousness, insomnia, nervous indigestion, etc. Acts as a fat producer, corrects tissue waste. Deficient lactation. Increases quality and quantity of milk in nursing mothers.
- It induces mental exhilaration of buoyancy, i.e., a general feeling of well being; clear and bright, so that all blues are dissipated.
Acid Phos 1x
- The common acid "debility" is very marked in this remedy, producing a nervous exhaustion. MENTAL DEBILITY first; later physical. A congenial soil for the action of Phos. acid is found in young people who grow rapidly, and who are overtaxed, mentally or physically. Whenever the system has been exposed to the ravages of acute disease, excesses, grief, loss of vital fluids.
- Listless. Impaired memory. (ANAC.) APATHETIC, INDIFFERENT. Cannot collect his thoughts or find the right word. Difficult comprehension. Effects of grief and mental shock.
- It lowers sexual vitality, with corresponding mental depression and loss of nervous energy. It shows this distinctive influence in both sexes, but is more pronounced in men. Premature old age from abuse of sexual power. Parts cold and relaxed – no desire
- Said to be of use in sexual neurasthenia; impotency. Sexual debility from nervous prostration.
- Excites sexual organs to creat long and lasting erections. Impotence form nervous exhaustion.
- Stimulates the digestive functions and thus improves the general health. Allays the pain in gastralgia accompanying cancer of stomach. Modifies secretions of digestive glands.
- helps reduce cancer especially ulcers and tumours of the tongue.
- Acts especially on mucous membranes, relaxing them and producing a THICK, YELLOWISH, ROPY secretion. The catarrh may be anywhere, — throat, stomach, uterus, urethra, — it is always characterized by this peculiar mucous discharge.
- THICK, TENACIOUS SECRETION FROM POSTERIOR NARES TO throat.
- Of unquestioned value in prostatic enlargement, EPIDIDYMITIS, and urinary difficulties. Acts on membrano-prostatic portion of urethra. Iritis, with prostatic trouble.
- PROSTATIC TROUBLES; enlargement; discharge of prostatic fluid. Wasting of testes and LOSS OF SEXUAL POWER.
- This remedy seems to possess a specific relation to the spleen. A left-sided remedy generally. Anaemic patients where liver and spleen are at fault. Marked blood pressure, reducing powers.
- Enormous enlargement of the spleen. Splenitis; PAIN ALL UP THE LEFT SIDE.
Deep-seated pain in left hypochondrium, hypertrophy of spleen.
- Affects the MAMMARY GLANDS; genitourinary organs; liver and spleen. Urinous odour of the body. Uric acid diathesis. Acute gout.
- Urticaria; associated or alternating, with rheumatism. Haemorrhages. Ill effects of burns; bee-stings, eating shell fish; suppressed milk; urticaria. Angio-neurotic oedema.
- Itching, raised, red blotches. Nettle rash; worse even year same season. Prickly heat. Hives; elevated; with rheumatism; after shell fish; with pinworms. Vesicles. Burns and scalds of the first degree; with intense burning, itching; apply locally.
- DYSPNOEA FROM CONSTRICTION OF CHEST; worse, any exertion. Sensation of pressure or weight in chest; BETTER BY RAPID WALKING.
- Feels as if heart would stop. Asthma; attacks, with weakness, felt in pit of stomach and preceded by PRICKLING all over.
- Chest oppressed with pressure in stomach, and nausea. Hoarseness with tenacious mucus in larynx. Paroxysmal, SUFFOCATIVE COUGH, COMING ON ABOUT MIDNIGHT, with crying and dyspnoea. Spasmodic croup. Dry coryza. SNIFFLES OF INFANTS; nose dry and obstructed. Loose choking cough. When nursing child must let go of nipple, nose blocked up, cannot breathe. CHILD AWAKES SUDDENLY, NEARLY SUFFOCATING, SITS UP, TURNS BLUE. CANNOT EXPIRE. [MEPH.] Miller's asthma. Must sit up, suffocating, turns blue, cannot breathe out.
- The action of this drug is most marked on the lower bowel, producing engorged hemorrhoidal veins, with characteristic backache, with absence of actual constipation.
Much pain but little bleeding. Venous stasis general, varicose veins of purple color; everything is slowed down, digestion, heart, bowels, etc. Torpor and congestion of the liver and portal system, with constipation.
- HEMORRHOIDS; with sharp shooting pains up the back; blind and bleeding;
- Venous congestion, hemorrhages, varicose veins, and hemorrhoids, with BRUISED SORENESS OF AFFECTED PARTS, seem to be the special sphere of this remedy. Acts upon
the coats of the veins causing relaxation with consequent engorgement. Passive venous hemorrhages from any part. Great value in open, painful wounds, with weakness from loss of blood.
- After operations, super cedes the use of morphia.
- HEMORRHOIDS, BLEEDING PROFUSELY, WITH SORENESS
- Enlargement of the uterus. Fibrous growths, subinvolution, and prolapse. Uterine tumors, with bearing-down sensations.
- Burning pains. Sensation as if some urine remained after urinating. Urine with thick MUCUS AND BRIGHT-RED, mealy sediment. Bubbling, sore sensation in kidneys. Pain in bladder region. PAIN IN THE THIGHS AND LOINS ON URINATING. Frequent urination; urethra burns when not urinating.
- A chemical derived from oil of mustard, acts as a resolvent externally and internally for cicatrices, adhesions, strictures; tumours enlarged glands. Should be given in t grain doses daily 2 or 3 times a day. 2x attenuation.
- Dark red or bluish red. White grey spots on fauces. Sore, very painful on swallowing, dark, puffy; burning, as of a stick. Hot ball or lump in. Tonsils swollen; like dark wash leather on tonsils. Hard throbbing in right tonsil. Quinsy. Diphtheria. Cannot swallow anything hot. Follicular pharyngitis. Hoarseness and sore throat after diphtheria.
- This remedy corrects the blood dyscrasias; hence it is useful in all types of blood poisonings. Auto-infection, septic conditions, bites of poisonous animals, Iymphangitis, gangrene, vaccinosis etc.
- Symptoms tend towards malignancy in acute and subacute disorders. Patient feels weak and tired and aching in muscles.
- Has some reputation in the cure of cataract and corneal opacities. Is used externally, by instilling into the eye one drop four or five times a day. This must be kept up for several months.
- Diabetes Mellitus. Reduces sugar in the urine, accompanying thirst, weakness, emaciation. Diabetic ulcers.
- goitre exopthalmic. Thyroid elargement with obesity. Forehead compressed as with an iron ring. 5-60drops tds ac
- Prostate enlargement with urinary difficulties. Painful coitus and at time of ejaculation. Cystitis due to enlarged prostate.
- Breast cancer worse left breast. Ulceration with sharp pains to the shoulder and left arm. Axillary glands swollen hard and knotted.
- diaphoretic, abnormal sweats especially at night. Perspiration all over the body. Flushing of face, ears and neck. Mouth waters with saliva. Chilliness with sweat.
Spiritus Quercus glandium.
- Distilled ø of acorns.
- Removes craving for alcohol. Good for spleen and liver with water retention. 10 drops qds for months.
- Travellers remedy – complaints from drinking impure water. Colic, diarrhea with flatulence and pain esp in anus. Preventative. Also car sickness.