Creating Waves of Awareness
For cleaning stomach some laxatives are prescribed by old school, I remember, in my childhood, BROOKLAX was given to us which resembled a chocolate softee. Enema is another way. swalloing 100 ml of castor oil with milk was another way for purging. Ayurveda gives some Ghrutha, (medicine mixed with Ghee). Etc.
The Yoga asana way of cleansing is as follows.
In this 5 yogasanas are to be performed in sequence after taking warm water slightly salted. The sequence of asanaas force the water through intestines and pushes out all impurities attached to the walls of stomach and intestines, it is claimed. (I have tested it many times)
Take about 10 glasses of water (2 liters . Each glass containing 200 ml.) Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt and stir.
Warm the water and keep it for use.
The sequence of ASANAAS and description.
Breathing in and Breathing out should be done as mentioned as these are very important to avoid internal discomfort.
1. Thadasana: Stand normally with hands raised above head straight up. Raise the body on toes and drop it back on the heals which causes mild jerk. Give 2 second gap and repeat. 10 repetitions.
2. Tiryaq thadasana ( Side ward bend.) Stay as in Thadasana, breath out and bend the trunk on left side as far as possible, without body bending forward, and stay for a second. Come back breathing in and Stay for a second. Similarly Bend on the right side and come back. Repeat the side bendings 10 times.
3. Kati chakrasana. Upper torso twisting. Stand with feet slightly apart, Kep the arms loose, Breath out and twist the upper body (let your arms fly out and wrap your body) to left as far as possible wait and come back breathing in. Twist on the right side also. Repeat this sequence 10 times.
4. Tiryaq Bhujangaasan. Twisted snake posture. Lie on your stomach. Place your palms by the side of your head (Palms down) with forearms resting on ground. Breath in and Push your palms and raise your upper body up with neck thrown back as far as possible. Now breath out and twist your upperbody to left, twist your head to left and try to see your heels. Stay for a second. Come back with breathing in and down. Do the same thing on right side. Do 10 repetitions.
5. Udara Aakrshna aasana: Sit on your left heel with left knee bent and right leg bent and knee near your stomach. Hold the right knee with both hands, breath out and press the knee to your stomach as far as possible. stay for a second. Come back Breathing in. Repeat 10 times. Now sit on right heel and push left knee on to your sotmach similarly 10 times.
Avoid breakfast for the day. Keep the warm water ready.
Take two glasses of water, drink slowly to avoid regurgitation.
Do the above yogaasanas in sequence.
Repeat drinking of water and yogaasanas.
After 5 cycles of the sequence, be up and start pacing in the premises.(avoid sitting for a while,say about an hour)
In about half hour the first urge for stool will be there.
There will be about 4 to 5 stools, first will be solid, second will be patsy then gradually becoming watery.
The Aasana procedure will need about 1/2 an hour for 5 cycles.
It needs about 2 hours to complete evacuation.
The lunch should be thin gruel with only salt and butter or ghee. Spices should be avoided for the day.
Dinner can be solids without spices.
Normal diet from next day.
Very effective stomach cleaning procedure. It cleans the entire intestines.
Refer any standard yogaasana books for the postures of Aasanaas, if in doubt.
No chemicals are used and so, safe to practise.