Homeopathy World Community

Creating Waves of Awareness

MATERIALS

1. Tents. Preferably from Army surplus store, 10 person tent.. $100-200 a piece.                                                 
2. Water.
3. Food.
4. Field beds. 5 pieces. $30-50 a piece.                      
- sheets.
- blankets.
- towels. for 100 beds. 30-50 towels. Total layout:              $1500-3000
5. Cooking utensils. Preferably from Army surplus store
- stoves,
pots and pans,
plates,
cutlery.
6. Generators Honda portables or other. From                    
7. Gas bottles. 10 at least. $30-50.                                       $300-500
8. Petrol. For generator. 20 gallons at least.                               $20-30

MEDICAL
1. Bandages, mitellas, band-aids, stretch bandages. plaster.        $1500
2. Remedies - malaria, cholera, dysentery, typhoid, trauma, grief. (see prophylaxis thread) http://www.homeopathyworldcommunity.com/forum/topics/homeoprophylax...
Most needed: Trauma: Arnica, Symphytum, Ruta, Adrenalin, Hamamelis, Phosphorus.
3. Drips, saline solution, sterile needles.                                     $2000
4. Clamps, scissors, scalpels.                                                      $500
5. Stretchers, 2 pieces. $200                                         
tables, 2 pieces. $50 each.                                                         $100
chairs, 10 pieces. $20-30 each                                             $200-300
benches.
3 pieces. $60-120.                                                       $360

MONETARY
1. Travel expenses. Ticket and private Aid airlift.                    
2. Accomodation.
3. Supplies. Regular supplies of food and water. Weekly airlift.  $15.000
4. Miscallaneous. Anything unforseen.                                     $10.000
5. Possible bribes. Anything we may have to bribe officials.     

Discussion continued at
http://www.homeopathyworldcommunity.com/group/haitidisasterrelief/f...

Tags: Disaster, Haiti., Relief.

Views: 143

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Kaviraj
Hmm what happened to my replies?
1-I have 30 boxes of homeopathic remedies to donate from A-Z (full glass bottles) These were supposed to go to Indonesia but I found out its too costly to ship (heavy boxes)
2- The director of Blind Dog Films Contacted me today asking me about homeopaths going to Haiti and wants to do a documentary (filmcrew)
The comment wall was taken down, so that we have a better overview
That is what happened to the comments. Robert Bruck's comments went too, and we shall ask him to repost.

As for those remedies, we need a central place - warehouse, garage, shed - where they can be stored till needed.

Great idea to make a documentary, but we might have difficulty to get them into Haiti. Is he a Hollywood man? Then he may have the necessary contacts
I would do that, yes. Why not? That is where the help is needed, so that is where we should go.

If you can help, wonderful

I am of a mind to ask B&T in SanDiego to donate the necessary remedies. Is there an Army Surplus store somewhere? Let them donate the tents, etc. A bandage factory - Bayer perhaps? Let them do something good for a change. There are so many things needed. And we should have someone who can talk to the US government, so they will let us in. I am trying to get a team together with experienced homoeopaths, who have worked in epidemics and disaster relief before. Like our Indian colleagues, who are used to them and to floods, landslides etc.
Dear Gina,I am writing to you as a filmmaker/artist and as a person whose heart goesout to the Haitian people during this devastating time in their country.I am a producer on a documentary film about homeopathy and we are in theprocess of connecting with homeopaths who are planning a trip to Haiti.We would like to film in Haiti and show how homeopaths are helping peoplerecover after the earthquake.

I have contacted Homeopaths Without Bordersand they are in the process of gathering information for us. In themeantime, I saw your entry on Homeopathy World Community on January 14th andthought I write and see if you are planning a trip. The main purpose of ourfilm is to show the various benefits of homeopathy from a globalperspective. We will follow a few specific stories as well as interviewdoctors and give a history of the medicine itself. The director of our film, Laurel Chiten, has been making films for over 30years and has had several of her pieces aired on national television.If you are interested in seeing the most recent trailer and learn more aboutour project, please visit:http://www.blinddogfilms.com I hope to hear from you soon. Best,Eileen TorpeyAssociate Producer"From Within, Without"http://www.blinddogfilms.com 505-466-4713 505-466-4713
Cool Gina!

Maybe you can direct them to this thread?

So they can see we are very serious about getting there and DOING something.

I like their approach and am happy to provide all the information they want.

And from what i see of the news crews, they are also allowed in, so it should not be too much of a problem either
Insight into Homeopaths Without Borders-here is what Your dealing with.
Chat Room: Homeopaths Without Borders
March 13, 2007

Guest Speaker John Millar

John Millar, N.D.
Tuesday, the 13th of March 2007
Moderator: Welcome, John Millar, N.D. Dr. Millar is Executive Director of Homeopaths Without Borders-North America, and will answer your questions on programs and projects of HWB-NA. Please submit the questions you would like him to answer without using "quotation marks", thank you!

Marjorie: Who came up with the concept of Homeopaths Without Borders? Did it start in Europe as a 'copy' of Doctors Without Borders?

John Millar: Hi Marjorie.... Started in France --- Homeopathes Sans Frontieres ..... but it’s not a copy ... there are lots and lots of *Without frontieres*.

John Millar: HWB-NA ... Started in the USA and affiliation in Canada and Mexico. There are several European groups, as well.

Barbara Grannell: I'm the Founder and Executive Director of A Promise of Health. We bring homeopathic healthcare to 160,000 indigenous Maya in Yucatan, Mexico, on our way to serving all 800,000 Maya who live in rural Yucatan in poverty. My question to you is: Has HWB ever done work in Mexico??

John Millar: We haven't... we are mostly in Central America at this point. We would love to have contacts in Mexico... One HWB Board member lives there.

Jack: Do you have NGO status? From where do you get your operating funds and supplies?

John Millar: NGO Status .. in the works... trying to co-ordinate with HSF-international... funds and supplies come from donors.

Anna: How is HWB organized, i.e. who makes decisions for the group, where is the group involved internationally, how are volunteers organized internationally, i.e. delegations, clinic settings, what?

John Millar: Oh Anna ... one at a time… HBW-NA is a 501(c)3 non-profit... the board makes decisions..... Each group is basically autonomous.... HWB-NA and HWB-Canada do some work together.

Clinics are set in the localities we work... local clinics, local hospitals, etc. We basically teach the locals Doctors how to use homoeopathy. There are efforts to organize internationally, but this process is very slow.

Barbara Grannell: What is your budget this year?

John Millar: Sorry, can’t disclose. I can say that we are not a wealthy organization. It is all volunteer.... we provide travel and supply expenses mostly.

Robin: Who can be a member of HWB-NA? How can we join? Can people that are not MD or ND and practice homeopathy belong to HWB?

John Millar: HWB-NA is a non-membership organization.... anyone can be an associate. As far as practice is concerned, it depends on the local laws where we may be working. If you are interested, contact me at naturo@jdmillar.com or www.homeopathswithoutborders-na.org.
Breda: How much experience does a homeopath need to have in order to volunteer with HWB?

John Millar: Depends what you are doing... most of our teachers and field people have 20+...... but there is a lot of other work.

Marybeth: What is biggest challenge when taking homeopathy into a new country? How do you overcome the obstacles?

John Millar: Having that local contact, “where there is a will”...... One of our basic principles is that we only go where we are invited. Our efforts involve firstly.... teaching and supplying the tools of the trade.

Anna: Where in Central America are you involved? What kind of projects are you doing? Anything new in the planning stages?

John Millar: OOOO lots... Guatemala.. Honduras... El Salvador. Looking at getting homeopathy into the rural areas of Guatemala. In Honduras, we have started to develop a program to teach midwives, etc. to use homeopathy. There are 187/100,000 deaths from post-partum hemorrhage... going to focus on that for starts. We’re working in an orphanage, training the local doctors. Just got word that as a result of our teaching project in Central America, headed by Dr Karl Robinson, one of the students has managed to get one of the local universities to start a Masters program in Homeopathy.

Robin: John, how long have you been a homeopath? According to your previous post, Homeopaths that want to get involved need to be able to financially sustain themselves where they are needed.

John Millar: I’ve been in practice since 1988. HWB covers people’s travel and lodging.... but we expect our volunteers to cover their food and other local expenses. But again, there is much else to do, aside from the field work. All too often, people seem interested only in the "romantic" stuff.... but there is fundraising, writing, meeting, bills, finances... the other joys of running a business.

Marybeth: You mentioned earlier that you go into areas when invited. Invited by whom? Do you need special sanctions? I ask because I'm heading to West Africa next week to visit family in Ghana and I've made contact with homeopaths there.

John Millar: Good question. We would like to have contacts into various groups around the country. Sometimes it’s just a local practitioner, sometimes Government officials, but it usually starts with one person. There are the efforts of fund-raising (that’s the big one for Non-profits)...... Getting the work out... writing, gathering donations of books and supplies, etc. For example, we had a contact earlier this month from the Dominican Republic: they want some help setting up a Lab and Pharmacy.

Anna: I have a special interest in Nicaragua; I have worked there on other volunteer projects in the past...is HWB involved there at all?

John Millar: Nicaragua... not yet...

Robin: What has been your own most interesting experience since you became involved with HWB?

John Millar: Well, there was the time I almost drowned in Cuba… Or the mud slide in Honduras … the smile on the face of the patient who was treated by the doctor we helped train.

Melinda: Have you done any work in New Orleans? The people there and those displaced are severely traumatized and need Homeopathic care. This is my hometown and I was just there. It is devastated and the health care system has collapsed, so this would be a great time for Homeopaths to come in.

John Millar: New Orleans... a very touchy subject.... talk to the Officials, ask them. We tried, and a few got in, did some work on the sly... nothing “Official”..... just how long is that roll of red tape!

Rukmini: What kind of cases do you see most? any particular type of problem?

John Millar: For me, the cases are like in the old books..... these people have not been treated with anything. The cases are often clean and clear.... gangrene, dengue, slipped disks, rape abuse, and the effect of violence and war.

Not a lot of intellectualization, just lots of pathology. There must be some research in the beginning, when looking at dengue, malaria, and postpartum hemorrhage.... we must start somewhere.

Melinda: It would be great to expose someone like Angelina Jolie to homeopathy because if she knew what it could do she could bring more attention to it as appropriate and essential care in struggling countries. See the article on her in Newsweek Mar 10, 2007. Anyone have any contacts????

John Millar: All in good time..... we're not quite ready yet ... the level of homoeopathy needs to rise to the occasion. Putting in homeopathy everywhere, it could be over night... I think is a bit like getting off fossil fuels. There are major economic implications.

Meredith: Does HWB-NA work ever 'overlap' with other affiliates of HSF? or do you ever pool efforts?

John Millar: Yes, after the tsunami in Sri Lanka, the Dutch and the German affiliates, we were all involved in helping.

Rukmini: Since homeopathy needs a lot of follow-up work, is it difficult to see the patients again after the initial visit?

John Millar: No, because the locals are the prescribers... they are the ones who follow the cases.... We do very little direct contact treatment, save in a disaster situation and then it is generally emergency treatment... follow up in a matter of minutes, hours, or perhaps days.

Barbara Grannell: Over the past years, I have made some attempts to contact HWB, especially in Colorado because I live there. I've never had any luck contacting a real human being. Is this possible on a day to day basis...to reach someone in a real office? How would I do that, please?

John Millar: The main contacts are myself and Joe Lillard at Washington Homeopathics, joelillard@homeopathyworks.com or www.homeopathyworks.com and naturo@jdmillar.com or www.homeopathswithoutborders-na.org.
Moderator: Thank you, John Millar, for your answers to all these questions! We appreciate your time and efforts with WHB.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a note:
I do believe a Homeopathic-volunteer going under Homeopaths Without BOrders Has to have an MD license,I was told this myself in 2004.
Dear Dr.Gina Tyler

Just as usual you prepared a thorough and informative work. Well done. I hope our

community,

to become so dynamic that sending volunteers to places like HAITI be done rapidly , gently

and permanently. Not only to help the affected people but to help ourselves know our

capabilities more than before.

Best Wishes and Regards, Noori
A friend of mine had some very practical advise,

2) I doubt U.S. Govt. and U.N. will lend support. Worth pushing for it, but you know them....on the Big Pharma dole. More indirect avenues are required there, me thinks. ... See More

3) Was thinking you might try gaining support for a mission from some of our more powerful and wealthy homeopathic friends in Hollywood and elsewhere. Why not The Queen? Heck, Sir Ducksalot -- rescuer of princesses --just dequackified her and her son! I'm sure they might be interested in getting homeopaths out there. Why not try Sir Branson to back us here? Give it a shot.

4) There's also the Catholic Church which has taken heavy losses out there. Remind them that Mother Teresa was a homeopath. Vatican -- and also her Hospitaller Order -- have diplomatic access globally regardless of U.N. and U.S. interests. Homeopathy has priest and nun practitioners who could make the plea, but the orders kinda have to come from the top down. I am only the Pope of Quack Land (at this time!). :-| Black Water -- now Xe Corp -- was once run by a Hospitaller. You can be sure U.S. has their contractors on the ground now, though nobody is really going to want to support any homeopathic missionaries due to our stigma. Thus, I suggest downplaying anything of homeopathy at first. Put our homeopathic M.D.'s in charge of the mission. Just talk about delivery of supplies and "medicine"; Opening up "first aid" clinics. Document the homeopathic help and tell the world about it over time, but not while trying to do it and get in there. That will boggle you down and cripple ops. Be sneaky. Put the tip of the spear as reputable allopaths, religious workers, etc. You'll help more suffering ones that way.

5) Not to hurt any feelings here, but there are also Jewish and Islamic medical charities and homeopathy is known in those worlds, too. When you try to send in Christian missionaries, they get stifled in the field. But, it's bad PR to not allow Jews and Islamics into such zones to render aid and faith, etc. The minute they start grumbling about inequality and no access....ooooh, how you can expect U.S. Govt. and U.N. to shiver, be ever politically correct, "sensitive", and open the doors while even giving $$$ and support where they would be far less helpful in regard to anything Christian. I remember a radio interview of a Catholic priest asked about U.N. missions in Rwanda. He noted something very interesting when questioned about U.N. support of faith groups: "Oh, no! The U.N. is not against religion at all. Very supportive. They're just against anything Christian and support all else." Something like that was his quote. So, put the non-Christian religious as your front people, too. Gotta get the wedge tip in first. Then, you can bring in the whole axe.

Five airports in Haiti (plus some flat areas suitable for soft-field landing with taildragger aircraft):

Cap Haitien
Jacmel
Jeremie
Port De Paix
Port-Au-Prince

U.S. military has control of Port-Au-Prince and relief flights have been delayed at times in favor of military ops. Big stink there. Uncertain at this point of military dominates the whole airspace. Relief pilots actively engaged in missions to Haiti right now would be the best source of notices to airman, travel advisories, facilities & refueling options near each airport, local conditions, etc.

Treasure Coast Missionary Flights
http://www.youtube.com/wat

ch?v=l-fx7IFomwk
Great Commission Air

ch?v=65RhUjt6RvQ
Mission Aviation Fellowship

ch?v=8iiJZ9aQClE

MISSIONARY FLIGHTS INTERNATIONAL
3170 Airmans Drive
Fort Pierce, FL 34946
(772) 462-2395
Fax: (772) 462-2397
E-mail: MFI@missionaryflights.org
*They're on Facebook, too.

....Homeopaths and supplies could get in probably best by light aircraft to peripheral airfields if the airspace is not locked down.

I will go, but have to wait a while to get the necessary funds to travel - £400 in the account is insufficient.
Am waiting for a payment from my Japanese publisher and a Canadian client.
Then i have sufficient funds. There are 30 boxes of remedies available from Gina Tyler and i would need water and shelter.
I have a camera in my phone and video in my iPod, but i do not know about power supply to run my laptop and iPhone.

God willing, i will be on my way soon.
We would need also a generator - small and portable like a Honda.
Haiti Aftershock: Another Earthquake Near Port-au-Prince

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/20/haiti-aftershock_n_429328....

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti — A frightening new aftershock Wednesday forced more earthquake survivors to live on the capital's streets or sent them fleeing to perhaps even worse conditions in the countryside.

A flotilla of rescue vessels, meanwhile, led by the U.S. hospital ship Comfort, converged on the capital. They are helping fill gaps in still lagging global efforts to bring water, food and medical help to hundreds of thousands of people who are surviving in makeshift tents or simply on blankets or plastic sheets under the tropical sun.

The strongest tremor since Haiti's cataclysmic Jan. 12 earthquake struck at 6:03 a.m., just before sunrise while many were still sleeping. From the teeming plaza near the collapsed presidential palace to a hillside tent city, the 5.9-magnitude aftershock lasted only seconds but panicked thousands of Haitians.

"Jesus!" they cried as rubble tumbled and dust rose anew from government buildings around the plaza. Parents gathered up children and ran.

Up in the hills, where U.S. troops were helping thousands of homeless, people bolted screaming from their tents. Jajoute Ricardo, 24, came running from his house, fearing its collapse.

"Nobody will go to their house now," he said, as he sought a tent of his own. "It is chaos, for real."

A slow vibration intensified into side-to-side shaking that lasted about eight seconds – compared to last week's far stronger initial quake that seemed to go on for 30 seconds.

Throngs again sought out small, ramshackle "tap-tap" buses to take them away from the city. On Port-au-Prince's beaches, more than 20,000 people looked for boats to carry them down the coast, the local Signal FM radio reported.

But the desperation may actually be deeper outside the capital, closer to last week's quake epicenter.

"We're waiting for food, for water, for anything," Emmanuel Doris-Cherie, 32, said in Leogane, 25 miles (40 kilometers) southwest of Port-au-Prince. Homeless in Leogane lived under sheets draped across tree branches, and the damaged hospital "lacks everything," Red Cross surgeon Hassan Nasreddine said.

Hundreds of Canadian soldiers and sailors were deploying to that town and to Jacmel on the south coast to support relief efforts, and the Haitian government sent a plane and an overland team to assess needs in Petit-Goave, a seaside town 10 miles (15 kilometers) farther west from Leogane that was the epicenter of Wednesday's aftershock.

The death toll was estimated at 200,000, according to Haitian government figures relayed by the European Commission, with 80,000 buried in mass graves. The commission raised its estimate of homeless to 2 million, from 1.5 million, and said 250,000 people needed urgent aid.

Many badly injured Haitians still awaited lifesaving surgery.

"It is like working in a war situation," said Rosa Crestani of Doctors Without Borders at the Choscal Hospital. "We don't have any morphine to manage pain for our patients."

The damaged hospitals and emergency medical centers set up in Port-au-Prince needed surgeons, fuel for generators, oxygen and countless other kinds of medical supplies, aid groups said.

Dr. Evan Lyon, of the U.S.-based Partners in Health, messaged from the central University Hospital that the facility was within 24 hours of running out of key supplies. Wednesday's aftershock was yet another blow: Surgical teams and patients were forced to evacuate temporarily.

Troops of the 82nd Airborne Division were providing security at the hospital. A helicopter landing pad was designated nearby for airlifting the most critical patients to the U.S. Navy hospital ship Comfort.

The great white ship, 894 feet (272 meters) long, with a medical staff of 550, was anchored in Port-au-Prince harbor and had taken aboard its first two surgical patients by helicopter late Tuesday even as it was steaming in.

It joined the aircraft carrier Carl Vinson and other U.S. warships offshore, along with the French landing craft Francis Garnier, which carried a medical team, hundreds of tents and other aid.

The seaborne rescue fleet will soon be reinforced by the Spanish ship Castilla, with 50 doctors and 450 troops, and by three other U.S.-based Navy vessels diverted from a scheduled Middle East mission. Canadian warships were already in Haitian waters, and an Italian aircraft carrier, the Cavour, also will join the flotilla with medical teams and engineers.

U.N. humanitarian chief John Holmes said at U.N. headquarters in New York that it's believed that 3 million people are affected, with 2 million of those needing food for at least six months.

At the hillside tent camp, set up on a golf course where an 82nd Airborne unit has its base, the lines of hungry and thirsty stretched downhill and out of sight as paratroopers handed out bottled water and ready-to-eat meals as fast as helicopters brought them in.

In one sign of normality, women were seen carrying baskets of cauliflower, sweet potatoes and sugar cane into the city from farms in the hills. Some food and water was on sale in Port-au-Prince's markets, but prices had skyrocketed.

"We need money, man. I don't have enough to buy anything," said a newly homeless man who gave his name as Ricardo, who was seeking work, food and shelter.

Looking over the golf course scene, 82nd Airborne Capt. John Hartsock said, "This is the first time I've seen it this orderly."

President Rene Preval stressed the relative quiet prevailing over much of Port-au-Prince. People understand, he told French radio, "it is through calmness (and) an even more organized solidarity that we're going to get out of this."

Concerns still persisted that looting and violence that flared up in pockets in recent days could spread. The European Commission's report described the security situation as "deteriorating."

But U.S. troops – some 11,500 soldiers, Marines and sailors onshore and offshore as of Wednesday and expected to total 16,000 by the weekend – could be seen slowly ratcheting up control over parts of the city. The U.N. was adding 2,000 peacekeepers to the 7,000 already in Haiti, and 1,500 more police to the 2,100-member international force.

Other small signs of normalcy rippled over Port-au-Prince: Street vendors had found flowers to sell to those wishing to honor their dead. One or two money transfer agencies had reopened to receive wired money from Haitians abroad. Officials said banks would open later this week.

But Wednesday's aftershock, the stench of the lingering dead, and the tears and upstretched hands of helpless Haitians made clear that the country's tragedy will continue for months and years as this poor land counts and remembers its losses.

After the tremor's dust settled, street merchant Marie-Jose Decosse walked past the partly collapsed St. Francois de Salles Hospital in Carrefour Feuille, one of the worst-hit sections of town. She raised her arms to the sky, and spoke for millions.

"Lord have mercy, for we are sinners! Please have mercy on Haiti," she shouted.

___

Associated Press writers contributing to this report included Alfred de Montesquiou, Tamara Lush, Kevin Maurer, Michelle Faul and Bill Gorman in Haiti; Edith M. Lederer at the United Nations; Emma Vandore and Elaine Ganley in Paris, and Aoife White in Brussels.
One way for homoeopaths to get in.

Cubans were the first to respond -- over 400 Cuban doctors in Haiti... doesn't seem to be getting much media coverage in US, though.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2010/jan/14/hait...
A message from the director of a clinic in indonesia
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(sent to my office email this morning)

Dear Family
> I am off this evening to Haiti, joining a wonderful team. Your loving
> intentions and prayers are appreciated. For Haiti and for our Bumi
> Families in Indonesia as well.
> Thank YOU, I LOVE YOU... Ibu Robin
BumiSehat clinic Bali Indonesia
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have already replied to Ibu Robin Lim As to her details,Will wait for a response to let you know more

RSS

© 2014   Created by Debby Bruck.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...